Foroesc usa cookies para mejorar su experiencia de navegación, de acuerdo con nuestra Política de Cookies. Acepto, y quiero cerrar esta ventana.

ForoESC beating!

Belle & Sebastian

Imagen

por TristanWhite » Lun, 03 Mar 2014, 23:42:55

Esto viene de una entrevista con Belle and Sebastian en el Rolling Stone en enero.

Dicen que van a comenzar a grabar el álbum este mes de marzo.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... p-20140120

Solamente voy a traducir el último párrafo, que es dónde habla de su álbum ESC....

"Sometimes you just want your life to turn into a pop song," Belle and Sebastian frontman Stuart Murdoch said this past weekend at Sundance when he introduced the themes of his first feature, God Help the Girl. The film took more than 10 years to make and is a musical set over one whimsical summer in Glasgow, centering on three new friends starting a band. Rolling Stone spoke with Murdoch about his first foray into filmmaking, being inspired by John Hughes and Belle and Sebastian’s plans for their ninth album.

Did you always want to make a film or was it a natural outgrowth from music videos?
I think it was a natural outgrowth of making music videos. [Belle and Sebastian guitarist Stevie Jackson] and I used to talk about making a film with the band, but then it ended up being something more
formal, and something with more of a fictional narrative.

The tormented young woman in the film Eve reminded me of the girl from the Belle and Sebastian song "Expectations" who makes "models of the Velvet Underground in clay." Who is that girl? She seems to run through a lot of your work.
I don’t really know, it’s something that I guess came through natural to me from a young age when I was writing the Belle and Sebastian stuff. I don’t know if it’s the person you desire, or it’s the person you want to be, like a shadow of somebody from your youth. It was suddenly either writing about a girl like that, or writing from her perspective, so maybe a little bit of both.

Do you know a girl like that?
There is an Eve, and what I mean by that is that Eve in my mind is so firmly fixed, she’s a real character though she’s not a real person. There’s a very definite Eve, and she was the one that was driving all of that.

I just wrote this new song for Belle and Sebastian called "The Everlasting Muse" and maybe it’s Eve’s last song, the last little thing that I heard from her. She could in some sense be the classical muse that visits you and inspires you and is a companion.

What other films were you thinking about while you were making the film? Hedwig and the Angry Inch?
I would suggest that the films that you maybe thought, I haven’t seen. I’ve never seen Hedwig, I’ve never seen Once. I’ve specifically never seen Once. When I was writing this, Once came out, and I knew I didn’t want to see it. I don’t love musicals but I love movies. Some of the benchmarks were just regular movies, all the John Hughes stuff. Pretty In Pink, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, American Graffiti. But a bunch of British films, like Billy Liar. I had to lean much harder on films that I’d liked than records that I’d liked, because it was so new to me. If there was a trick that I saw someone doing in a film, I’d take it, and I’d steal it and I’d use it.
"Sometimes you just want your life to turn into a pop song," Belle and Sebastian frontman Stuart Murdoch said this past weekend at Sundance when he introduced the themes of his first feature, God Help the Girl. The film took more than 10 years to make and is a musical set over one whimsical summer in Glasgow, centering on three new friends starting a band. Rolling Stone spoke with Murdoch about his first foray into filmmaking, being inspired by John Hughes and Belle and Sebastian’s plans for their ninth album.

Did you always want to make a film or was it a natural outgrowth from music videos?
I think it was a natural outgrowth of making music videos. [Belle and Sebastian guitarist Stevie Jackson] and I used to talk about making a film with the band, but then it ended up being something more
formal, and something with more of a fictional narrative.

The tormented young woman in the film Eve reminded me of the girl from the Belle and Sebastian song "Expectations" who makes "models of the Velvet Underground in clay." Who is that girl? She seems to run through a lot of your work.
I don’t really know, it’s something that I guess came through natural to me from a young age when I was writing the Belle and Sebastian stuff. I don’t know if it’s the person you desire, or it’s the person you want to be, like a shadow of somebody from your youth. It was suddenly either writing about a girl like that, or writing from her perspective, so maybe a little bit of both.

Do you know a girl like that?
There is an Eve, and what I mean by that is that Eve in my mind is so firmly fixed, she’s a real character though she’s not a real person. There’s a very definite Eve, and she was the one that was driving all of that.

I just wrote this new song for Belle and Sebastian called "The Everlasting Muse" and maybe it’s Eve’s last song, the last little thing that I heard from her. She could in some sense be the classical muse that visits you and inspires you and is a companion.

What other films were you thinking about while you were making the film? Hedwig and the Angry Inch?
I would suggest that the films that you maybe thought, I haven’t seen. I’ve never seen Hedwig, I’ve never seen Once. I’ve specifically never seen Once. When I was writing this, Once came out, and I knew I didn’t want to see it. I don’t love musicals but I love movies. Some of the benchmarks were just regular movies, all the John Hughes stuff. Pretty In Pink, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, American Graffiti. But a bunch of British films, like Billy Liar. I had to lean much harder on films that I’d liked than records that I’d liked, because it was so new to me. If there was a trick that I saw someone doing in a film, I’d take it, and I’d steal it and I’d use it.

And now you’re back in the studio with Belle and Sebastian?
Yes, we’ve been writing in Glasgow and we will start the record in March. I hope it will be out by autumn. If not, we will have failed. One of the things I wanted to explore – this might seem a bit facetious, but we have this thing called a Eurovision Song Contest. For example, Abba won in 1974, and that’s how they got their big break. And that was really the last great song from Eurovision. Since then it’s been kind of a train wreck, but it gives you a window into every little country, and it’s the only time that Europe gets together for this big party, and now, especially now, we have all the Russian block, eastern block countries, it’s all shifted to the East. So in a sense, I remember saying to the band, I want to do an album that one song feels like it could be the Cyprus entry for 1974. And then next song would be the German entry for 1989, or something like that. You might not see that in the finished songs, but somewhere that’s been an inspiration.

Último párrafo:

Así que estás de vuelta en el estudio con Belle and Sebastian?
Sí, hemos estado componiendo en Glasgow y vamos a iniciar la grabación en marzo. Espero que saldrá en otoño. Si no, habremos fracasado. Una de las cosas que quería explorar - esto también puede parecer un poco gracioso, pero tenemos esta cosa llamada el Festival de Eurovisión. Por ejemplo, Abba ganó en 1974, y que es cómo consiguieron su gran oportunidad. ¿Y esa fue el último temazo que salió de ESC. Desde entonces ha sido un desastre total, pero te da una ventana a cada pequeño país, y es la única vez que toda Europa se reúne para esta gran fiesta, y ahora, sobre todo ahora, tenemos todo el bloque ruso, el bloque de países del este, todo ha movido en esa dirección [del este]. Así que yo recuerdo haber dicho a la banda, lo que quiero hacer es un álbum en el cual una canción parece como que fuera de Chipre en 1974 . Y luego la siguiente canción sería la canción de Alemania de 1989 , o algo así . No quiero decir que las canciones terminadas van a ser las mismas, pero en alguna parte que ha habido una inspiración.

Tiene buena pinta!
Última edición por TristanWhite el Mar, 04 Mar 2014, 01:07:29, editado 1 vez en total
Imagen
TristanWhite

6 POINTS

No especificado

por adrii6_94 » Lun, 03 Mar 2014, 23:48:58

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Jamás me hubiera imaginado a Belle & Sebastian en un proyecto de este tipo :O :adoracion: :ojitos:

Creo que pueden ser los primeros representantes escoceses en Eurovisión XD
adrii6_94

3 POINTS

Masculino

Volver a Más música